Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Reversing Initial Bid Post-Data, rates initially spiked after Nov employ misses estimate +210k vs. +550k -- pared gains on Oct up-revision to +546k and unemploy rate drop to 4.2%. Yield curves mixed with 5s30s off lows to 59.366 high finished appr 55.75.
- Trading desks reported ongoing short end buying from domestic real$ accts in 2s, real$ faded short end flattening via 2s3s steepeners.
- Tsy futures continued to extend session highs though the second half, risk-off tone partially driven by the rapid increase in Omicron Covid cases most notably in South Africa. 30YY currently 1.6856% vs. 1.6649% low. Mar'22 10Y futures traded through first resistance of 131-10 to -16 high, just below second resistance of 131-21 (Sep 24 high) before the close, trimmed gains late as equities bounced off lows (ESZ1-54.0 to 4521.75).
- Look ahead: Fed enters media blackout this evening, no substantive data Monday, Trade and Unit Labor Costs on Tuesday.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 2.5bps at 0.5873%, 5-Yr is down 7.9bps at 1.1271%, 10-Yr is down 9.6bps at 1.348%, and 30-Yr is down 8.1bps at 1.6811%.