Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Oil futures are up 3+% today on reduced Omicron fears as they followed equities climbing higher throughout the day. Prices dipped fleetingly ahead of the start of the Biden-Putin call but have since moved higher.
- WTI is +3.5% at $71.93 in a corrective climb after yesterday's solid rise, although remains 8% below pre-Omicron levels. Resistance is seen at $73.18, the 20-day EMA.
- Brent is +3.2% at $75.39, also in a corrective climb and after breaking the 20-day EMA of $75.82 now looks at the 50-day EMA of $77.34.
- Weekly DOE inventories released tomorrow.
- US natural gas prices are up 1.7% today but in a broad sense have only roughly stabilised after yesterday's slump on mild winter weather and increased stockpiling.
- Gold is +0.39% at $1785.73 but has kept to a relatively narrow range today aside from a sharp $10 dip which was swiftly reversed. Attention remains on the bull channel base at $1763.