November 06, 2023 19:13 GMT
Only Slight Let Up In The Pace Of Credit Tightening
Metals bulletEM BulletHomepagemarkets-real-timeCommoditiesEmerging Markets NewsEnergy BulletsBulletMarketsFixed Income NewsForeign Exchange News
- Lending standards saw a significant tightening again in the latest SLOOS, although to less extent than was the case in both the April and July reports for C&I and CRE loans.
- “Significant net shares of banks reported having tightened standards on C&I loans to firms of all sizes”
- “Major net shares of banks reported tightening standards for all types of CRE loans. Such tightening was more widely reported by other banks than by large banks.”
- The pace in the tightening of standards for residential mortgage loans on balance looks similar to or slightly larger than the prior July, whilst consumer loans were on balance at a similar pace to the fastest rate of tightening seen in the pandemic and before that the GFC.
- Summary lending standards charts below