Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: Over the course of the morning, there has been the smallest of
curve pivoting in Germany and very little net change in almost any of the major
- Yet, the net movement hides a fair weakening in the Bund in the early morning
and then a subsequent recovery.
- Economic data have shown little influence upon bond prices. European PMI
indices generally came on the weak side of expectations, although a look in the
details did show slightly firmer price pressures.
- Eurozone retail sales data for July hit consensus at 2.6%Y/Y, a slight
moderation from the prior month.
- Austria successfully sold 10Y and 20Y debt and there has been a 1bp tightening
in the Ger-Aus 10Y spread from early trading this morning.
- The UK 50Y Gilt is also being syndicated and has Stg21bln in orders.
- Currency markets have been quite eventful, with the euro dropping and
recovering quite suddenly and inexplicably.
- US markets return from Labor Day later and Brainard is to make a speech.