Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A slew of China's monthly economic activity indicators will hit the wires at the top of the hour. The data will be closely scrutinised, with participants trying to gauge the impact of the August flare-up in Covid-19 cases. Spot USD/CNH has been creeping higher as we await the release, the rate last sits +45 pips at CNH6.4390.
- The PBOC set their central USD/CNY mid-point at CNY6.4492, 9 pips above sell-side estimate. USD/CNH extended gains after this marginally softer than forecast fixing.
- China's central bank have also rolled over CNY600bn of MLF provisions, matching the amount maturing today. The MLF rate was left unchanged at 2.95%.
- The FT reported that U.S. Pres Biden's offer of an in-person summit with his Chinese counterpart Xi "fell on deaf ears," which led White House officials "to conclude that Beijing is continuing to play hardball".
- Bulls would like to see USD/CNH pierce resistance from Sep 7 high of CNH6.4648. Conversely, bears would be pleased by a fall through Sep 10/3 lows of CNH6.4261/44.