Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
UK: PM Johnson to speak today at Conservative party conference, expected on his
feet around BST1140 (CEST1240, EDT0640).
- Telegraph story late on Oct 1 stating Northern Ireland's DUP could support
gov't plan on backstop if time limited with Stormont having veto power. Would
mean some physical infrastructure on island of Ireland to manage trade.
- But last-ditch effort to get deal with EU seems unlikely to pass muster with
- Irish foreign minister Coveney states he is "not too encouraged" by UK offer
on backstop, which he describes as "concerning to say the least".
- Johnson could head to Brussels later this week to try to iron out plan before
European Council summit on 17-18 Oct begins, but prospect of deal being agreed
to and finalised by then seems very slim.