Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Spot USD/THB has extended its recent gains, testing resistance from THB33.990, which capped gains on Oct 6. The rate last operates +0.105 at THB33.975 and a break above THB33.990, a four-year high, would open up Jul 11, 2017 high of THB34.140. Bears need a pullback under the 100-DMA at THB33.140 to get some reprieve.
- Out of all currencies from the Asia EM basket, the baht has registered the largest loss against the greenback this week. It remains the region's worst performing currency of 2021.1
- FinMin Arkhom said Thursday that the gov't will inject around THB1tn into the economy next year to prevent any potential volatility that might be caused by the spread of the Omicron coronavirus variant.
- Elsewhere, PM Prayuth ruled out implementing a national lockdown but said that the closure of entertainment venues may be extended.
- Thailand's latest CPI data will be published within an hour. Consensus looks for a pick-up in the pace of price growth to +2.50% Y/Y from +2.38% recorded in October.