Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: President of the European Council Donald Tusk has rejected
proposals put forward by UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson to scrap the
contentious Irish backstop. European officials have criticised the lack of
proposed legal alternatives.
- The Sep-19 gilt future trades at 134.91, up 53 ticks from Monday's close and
trading near best levels; L-H: 134.52-134.95.
- Gilts have rallied with yields 2-4bps lower on the day. Cash yields (Last / 1d
chg / L..H): 2Y (0.4546% / -2.4bp / 0.4491%...0.4641%); 5Y (0.3503% / -2.7bp /
0.3469%...0.3657%); 10Y (0.4359% / -3.1bp / 0.4326%...0.4512%); 30Y (1.0102% /
-3.7bp / 1.0082%...1.0292%).
- The curve has bull flattened: 2s10s (-3.5bp / -0.2bp / -3.6bp..-1.8bp); 2s30s
(54bp / -0.8bp / 54bp..56.9bp).
- Short sterling futures have broadly rallied with reds outperforming: W
(broadly + 0.0/3.5 ticks higher); R (+ 4.0 tick); G (+ 3.0/4.0 ticks); B (+