Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- 5.30 once again caps the USDBRL price action as the Real advanced around 1% on Tuesday. The BCB minutes reinforced the prospect that policy makers will raise interest rates above neutral, but did not provide any signal on the terminal level of this cycle. Today we will see June Retail Sales data before the important US CPI releases.
- June Retail Sales YoY, est. 8.6%, prior 16.0%
- June Retail Sales MoM, est. 0.5%, prior 1.4%
- Importantly on Tuesday, Brazil's lower house rejected a bill to implement printed ballots in the next year elections. The vote was 229 in favour and 218 against.
- President Bolsonaro didn't get the 308 votes he needed to change Brazil's voting system, but local analysts point out that a simple majority does still potentially hand him a valuable talking point in his quest over the next 14 months to undermine faith in the election.
- "The lower house has given a democratic answer to this matter, and I hope it's definitely buried," Speaker Arthur Lira said in announcing the result.