Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: Reflecting the increasingly acrimonious relationship between
Westminster and Brussels, European Council President Donald Tusk has accused PM
Boris Johnson of trying to impose a hard border in Northern Ireland.
- Elsewhere German Chancellor Angela Merkel earlier indicated a willingness to
find a practical solution to the Brexit impasse.
- The Sep-19 gilt future trades at 134.81, up 43 ticks from Monday's close and
29 ticks off the day's low; L-H: 134.52-135.15.
- Gilts have rallied with yields 0-5bps lower on the day. Cash yields (Last / 1d
chg / L..H): 2Y (0.4768% / -0.2bp / 0.4461%...0.4822%); 5Y (0.3637% / -1.4bp /
0.3345%...0.368%); 10Y (0.4445% / -2.3bp / 0.4151%...0.4484%); 30Y (1.0018% /
-4.5bp / 0.9741%...1.0053%).
- The curve has bull flattened: 2s10s (-4.4bp / -1bp / -4.7bp..-2.8bp); 2s30s
(51.4bp / -3.3bp / 51.2bp..55.2bp).
- Short sterling futures have broadly rallied with reds outperforming: W
(broadly + 0.0/2.5 ticks higher); R (+ 2.5/3.0 ticks); G (+ 2.0/2.5 ticks); B (+