Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
EUR/JPY slipped at the start to the week, despite printing a fresh one-week high. The rate dipped into the WMR fix and established itself below neutral levels thereafter.
- RTRS reported on Monday that the EU has finalised its second deal with Pfizer for the supply of a further 300mn doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
- German Health Min Spahn signalled the need to leave the current coronavirus restrictions in place for now, even as the contagion rate is "coming down in an encouraging way." Cll'r Merkel meets with state premiers this Wednesday to discuss Covid-19 strategy.
- Mario Draghi told Italian lawmakers that he would make the common EZ budget his priority, should he become the next PM.
- EUR/JPY trades at Y126.79, little changed on the day. A fall through the 50-EMA at Y126.04 would shift focus to Jan 27 low of Y125.60. On the topside, focus moves to Jan 29 high of Y127.34 and a break here would expose Jan 7/Mar 1, 2019 highs of Y127.49/50.
- German trade balance & Italian industrial output and comments from ECB's Visco & Lane take focus in the EZ today.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.