Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: Risk on has been the name of the game in European markets today
with Bunds selling off, peripheral spreads tightening and European equities up
across the board.
- 10y Bund yields are 2.4bp higher on the day at 0.111%, with the curve bear
steepening and Schatz yields 0.2bp higher on the day at -0.577%.
- BTPs have been the big mover, but despite yield falling almost 10bp on the
day, they are only back down to levels seen on Wednesday's close.
- There has been little in the way of European data or new headlines today, with
Brexit headlines continuing to linger (see Gilt Summary). The Eurogroup has
confirmed that Ireland's Philip Lane has been nominated to succeed Peter Praet
as the ECB's Chief Economist.
- Tomorrow's economic data calendar is pretty light in the Eurozone, too.
Wednesday sees the release of Eurozone IP data before Thursday sees a number of
Q1 GDP prints released, including those of Germany and the Eurozone aggregate.