September 06, 2022 11:32 GMT
- Events are planned across Brazil to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the country's independence on Sept. 7. President Jair Bolsonaro has also called for nationwide demonstrations in support of his government and plans to attend rallies in Brasilia and Rio de Janeiro.
- Latest comments from Bolsonaro this morning:
- Sept. 7 events will be movement never seen in Brazil (BBG)
- Says Brazil Sept. 7 events will happen peacefully (BBG)
- Says clean, transparent election is not questionable (BBG)