Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
ECB: Some weakness in Bunds and wider Italian spreads following a Bloomberg
report at around 1700BST citing unnamed eurozone official sources that the ECB
regarded June as a 'live meeting' for debate QE exit at which they could
potentially make an announcement on when they would conclude asset purchases.
- This runs somewhat counter to MNI reports last Friday, which cited sources
saying "no June 14 decision expected on APP end date or taper". MNI's ECB story
cited Italy as a key factor behind the decision - given the situation in Rome
has changed markedly since then, this may not be too surprising.
- Given this news, there will be additional focus on any clues from ECB speakers
- Jens Weidmann speaks in Brussels at 1830BST Tuesday evening on "Reforms for a
stable Monetary Union"
- Chief econ Praet speaks in Berlin at 0800BST Wednesday at International
Congress of Actuaries