Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
TYH2 hovers around late NY levels, a touch above NY lows, last +0-02+ at 130-23+.
- Cautious optimism re: omicron pressured the U.S. Tsy space on Monday, with the bearish impulse extending as we moved through the day, steepening the curve. 2s were ~4.5bp cheaper come the bell, while 30s were ~10bp cheaper on the day. Firmer equities and crude prices fed into the weakness.
- $-denominated IG issuance also applied pressure, with swap spreads widening on the back of that dynamic, suggesting payside flows in the swap space added to the broader Tsy weakness.
- On the flow side, the NY morning saw a TU/UXY block steepener (+14,000/-4,700), which also added momentum.
- 3-Year Tsy supply headlines the local docket on Tuesday, with final Q3 productivity and unit labour costs, as well as the monthly trade balance and consumer credit readings also due.