Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- S. AFRICA'S DENEL TO CUT OPERATING UNITS TO TWO FROM SIX
- S. AFRICA'S DENEL INSTITUTES FIVE-YEAR PLAN WITH STATE SUPPORT
- DENEL PLANS SALE OF NON-CORE ASSETS; EXPECTS TO RAISE ZAR1.5B
- Denel is SA's ailing state owned arms manufacturer that has been struggling to remain solvent in recent years - causing a drag on the fiscus. Efforts to reform Denel have been slow and cumbersome.
- Neverhteless, this eems like a positive overhaul for Denel, with a better structure and leaner asset base.
- willingness to sell non-core assets in SOEs is encouraging in terms of trimming dead weight. As ever, however, we will need to see followthrough on implementation