Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
T-Notes have inched higher from the off and last trade +0-02+ at 139-08+ amid a continued deadlock in U.S. fiscal talks and after a strong 10-Year Tsy auction seen overnight. The latest leg higher coincided with an analogical move in spot gold.
- The White House and Democrats not only failed to make progress in their negotiations, but Tsy Sec Mnuchin accused House Speaker Pelosi of misrepresenting the phone conversation they held earlier on the day, noting that the "Democrats have no interest in negotiating".
- U.S. President Trump's latest presser was largely a rehash of what we already knew. He reiterated his pledge to terminate payroll tax if he wins re-election, adding that he will protect social security when the tax is eliminated.
- Fed's Kaplan joint the choir of officials calling for an extension to unemployment benefits and noted that another hard lockdown would not be a good answer for U.S. economy.
- Meanwhile, Fed's Daly said that there may come a time when forward guidance is needed, adding that this is a very powerful tool.
- Cash curve ins undergoing some bull flattening, with yields last seen 0.2-1.8bp lower.
- Eurodollars sit unch. to +0.5 tick through the reds.
- Initial jobless claims and speeches from Fed's Bostic & Brainard figure on today's U.S. docket.