Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Spot USD/THB gapped lower at the re-open, extending its recent losses, and last operates at THB29.967. A move through Feb 1 low of THB29.888 would allow bears to take aim at Jan 4 & 5 lows of THB29.840. Conversely, a break above the 50-DMA at THB30.055 would open up Jan 18/Feb 5 highs of THB30.125/30.132.
- Gov't spokesman said that China informed PM Prayuth that it is ready to begin exports of Sinovac Covid-19 vaccines to Thailand. Dep PM Anutin said that the Thai drug regulator is expected to approve the jabs when the first shipment of 200,000 doses arrives later this month. Elsewhere, the Ministry of Public Health pledged to inoculate 30mn citizens this year.
- PM Prayuth chairs the weekly cabinet meeting today, while the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration holds a briefing on the coronavirus situation.
- There is nothing left on the local docket this week, save for the usual update on foreign reserves, due Friday.