Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US TSYS SUMMARY: The Asian session saw an official denial of the Bloomberg story
that China was to slow or stop the buying of Treasuries. the news was worth
around 4/32nds on the TY contract but enough to finally and completely erase the
drop in prices that the story had caused.
- A Bloomberg Chinese bureau journalist on Bloomberg TV commented that the
Chinese denial some somewhat ambiguous, rather than a flat denial creating the
impression that there is no smoke without fire.
- The 10Y UST yield is 2.4bp lower today at 2.533% with a small 2-10Y curve
- There has been a flurry of TY activity in early London trade with a large TY
block buyer of 6579 priced at 123.03 (08.43GMT) following on from a 13k spike in
volumes at 0813GMT, which followed strong TY buying.
- Yesterday, the 10Y note auction brushed aside concerns of Chinese buying and
witness extremely firm demand. The coupon supply concludes today with the 30Y
Bond auction. Note that the US bond and futures markets will be closed on Monday
and there is the important CPI release tomorrow.