Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
STOCKS: The major Asia-Pacific equity benchmarks operated in mixed territory
overnight. They struggled in early trade on the back of the Chinese statement
re: the latest round of U.S.-China trade talks, with markets inferring that
little progress was made at the 3-day meeting. Although this was perhaps more of
a case of buying the rumour and selling fact, as little in the way of major
positive developments were noted.
- The risk off flows lacked any real follow through in the equity space, with
the major regional indices recovering from session lows, with a more cautious
Fed perhaps adding some counterbalance to the early flows.
- The Nikkei 225 -1.1%, hampered by JPY strength, CSI 300 +0.3%, Hang Seng +0.3%
ASX 200 -0.1%.
- U.S. equity index futures remain lower on the day.
- S&P 500 -10, DJJIA -67, NASDAQ 100 -26.