Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: The narrative around global growth continues to darken, which will
keep pressure on long-end yields.
- US TSY yields have inched lower this morning, extending yesterday's rally.
Current yield levels: 2-year 2.477%, 10-year 2.648%, 30-year 2.991%.
- The Mar-19 JGB future trades at 152.83 in the middle of the morning range.
- Germany current account data for December was weaker than expected, with
merchandise exports and imports both stronger. Given the multi-month
deterioration in industrial activity, the market is primed for weak macro data
out of the euro area. German bunds trade in a relatively tight range. The curve
has flattened slightly with 2s30s narrowing by ~2bp.
- Italian BTPs have recovered some of yesterday's losses with yields 1.5-3.0bps
lower across the curve from yesterday's close. The 3-year benchmark is
outperforming on the day.
- It has been a quiet session in the gilt market thus far, with yields trading
near the previous close.
- Euro$ futures are 0.5-1.0 ticks higher in whites/reds and flat the greens.