Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: The quiet first half of today's Asia-Pacific session saw the Antipodeans
outperform their G10 peers, with kiwi leading gains, aided by broader yuan
strength, and modest risk-on flows. A report re: unofficial discussions of a
possible meeting between U.S. Pres Trump & Chinese Pres Xi in March, circulated
by Axios, might have helped revive broader risk appetite.
- JPY sits at the bottom of the G10 pile, with Japanese markets closed for a
- CAD has been under pressure, as WTI fell ~$0.70, nearing the $52 level.
- Sterling has also been relatively weak, after PM May backed further
cross-party talks, but rejected key Labour demands, including keeping the UK in
a customs union with the EU, in her reply to Labour leader Corbyn's earlier
- Focus today turns to UK GDP, trade balance & industrial output, as well as
Norwish CPI, while central bank rhetoric will be provided by ECB's de Guindos &
Knot, as well as Fed's Bowman.