Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
FOREX: The USD recovery yesterday proved somewhat briefer than expected and now
trades lower against EUR, CAD, GBP and AUD, but moderately stronger against JPY.
* Following the somewhat hawkish FOMC minutes, the USD rallied sharply. But a
failure to meaningfully challenge $1.20 in EUR/USD stemmed the greenback
strength which ebbed away overnight.
* After two market holidays, Japanese traders sold the JPY in response to firmer
equities (Nikkei 225 closed higher by 3.26%), pushing USD/JPY to test the year's
highs of Y112.78.
* Mixed Eurozone services PMIs (final) proved uninfluential as the EUR cemented
its recovery before being slowed by resistance at $1.2043 ahead of touted strong
offers at $1.2090 and a suggested barrier at $1.21.
* A softer USD helped lift cable and a move higher could expose hourly
resistance at $1.3570 as well as $1.3569, marking the 61.8% retracement level
* US ADP Employment Change, Weekly Jobless claims and final US services PMI are
left on the docket.