Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: The USD traded with a firmer tone alongside US Tsy yields on Thursday,
while comments from BoE Governor Carney pressured GBP in late dealing.
- The USD firmed across the board, closing the NY session near best levels
against the majority of the majors.
- Soft UK Retail Sales data jolted GBP lower, although cable did stage a
recovery through NY dealing before stalling at the April 18 high (1.4246). GBP
then moved to fresh lows as BoE Gov. Carney sounded a little more dovish.
- AUD & NZD were notably lower against the greenback. AUDUSD had squeezed to
0.7813, before a sharp move lower through the 100-DMA to 0.7723. NZD tracked the
move, falling nearly 80 pips to ~0.7263.
- Mild risk-off flows with equities lower meant that USDJPY stuck to a tight
range, while the JPY managed to gain against the remaining majors.
- USD strength also resulted in USDCAD moving above the 200-DMA to last trade at
- EURCHF briefly traded above 1.20, but was quick to fade.
- Japan CPI, Fed's Evans & BoE's Saunders headline on Friday.