Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: The yen fell to the bottom of the G10 pile, as Japanese equities rallied,
with the Nikkei 225 advancing 2.7% at writing. The BoJ's decision to trim the
size of its 10-25 Year Rinban operations provided some respite for JPY, but the
impact of the move quickly faded, as a risk-on theme was underscored.
- AUD gyrated, as the latest round of AU data releases sent mixed signals, with
AU housing finance data coming in softer than exp., alongside a firmer biz.
conditions/confidence print. However, the Aussie eventually managed to jump atop
the G10 pile as risk assets rallied on reports of a tentative bipartisan
agreement re: border security/gov't shutdown being struck in the U.S.
- NZD lagged behind its Antipodean cousin and underperformed all of its G10
peers save JPY.
- Sterling ignored a Sun report which suggested that PM May is planning to hand
in her resignation this summer.
- Today's economic docket is data-light, but speech-heavy, with ECB's Weidmann,
Nowotny & Lautenschlaeger, BoE Gov Carney, as well as Fed's Powell, George &
Mester all due to make addresses.