Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGBS: There have already been some wild swings in EMU periphery bonds first
opening higher but then sharply reversing tack and trading lower along with
falls in core/semi-core EGBs as markets digest comments from ECB Praet/Weidmann
and Bloomberg ECB sources story released last night.
- German 10-yr Bund yield currently 4.8bp higher at 0.417%, while the 2s/10s
part of the yield curve is 1.3bp steeper, but the 10s/30s part 2.3bp flatter as
long-end sell-off is more muted.
- ECB Praet said that inflation expectations are increasingly consistent towards
our aim and evidence and Weidmann said that market expectations of QE ending in
2018 are "plausible".
- Overnight saw Italy PM Conte win first confidence vote in the Senate. There is
a second confidence vote expected today in the Lower House which is seen as less
straight forward. 10-yr Bund/BTP spreads is currently 3.2bp wider at 245.2bps,
having traded in a 242bp to 253bp range already this morning.
- Little European data released today however there are more ECB speakers
scheduled later today with Hakkarainen at 1330GMT and Angeloni at 1710GMT.