Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bank of France Market News
The Banque de France has been at the forefront of the euro project since its modern inception, and the country has provided two European Central Bank presidents and one vice-president in the institution's short history. Current governor François Villeroy de Galhau has been in post since 2015, and is a prominent member of the ECB's Governing Council. Under his watch, the French central bank has led the way with efforts to green the financial system; an outlook reflected in the 'constitutional' framework adopted by the ECB in 2021. Similarly, Villeroy was an early advocate of formally adopting a symmetrical 2% inflation target while stressing the ECB's willingness to tolerate moderate, temporary overshoots. He is a strong supporter of the ECB's asset purchase programmes, and has stressed financial stability's role in ensuring effective monetary policy transmission.
- Exclusive Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with Bank of France officials.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.