Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bank of Italy Market News
Founded in 1893, the Banca d'Italia is one of the most respected institutions in the country. Has given to the ECB its most iconic president of his history in the person of Mario Draghi. The bank has a history of participating in the Italian government with several Finance ministers and three prime ministers and a president of the Republic since the end of WWII. Ignazio Visco has been its governor since 2011 and has been one of the strongest voices pushing for "Fed-style" temporary overshoots on the discussions of ECB's new strategy framework. He was warned about the negative consequences of an early tapering and expressed that doesn't see a tightening for a long time.
- Exclusive Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with Bank of Italy officials.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.