- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: EZ Inflation, US Payrolls In Focus
UK Public Sours On Gov't Pandemic Handling; FRA, SWE Improves Markedly
Latest opinion polling from YouGov shows a sharp fall in the British public's opinion of the gov'ts handling of the COVID-19 pandemic. This stands in stark contrast to that of the French, Swedish, and German gov'ts, where public perceptions of their actions has improved markedly since the previous survey in May 2021.
- % who think their national government is handling the COVID-19 vaccine rollout well: Denmark 81% (+17 from May), UK 79% (-7), Italy 78%, Spain 72%, Sweden 60% (+17), France 55% (+20), Germany 44% (+21)
- % who think their national government is handling protecting people's health well during the pandemic: Denmark 79% (-2 from May), Italy 61%, France 56% (+14), Spain 56%, Sweden 50% (+4), Germany 48% (-6), UK 46% (-10)
- % who think their national government is handling protecting people's jobs well during the pandemic: Denmark 65% (+5 since May), France 57% (+16), UK 55% (-2), Sweden 55% (+9), Germany 48% (+7), Italy 41%, Spain 36%. Fieldwork 10-22 Nov, Spain and Italy not surveyed in May.
- In those countries with poor public perceptions of their gov'ts protection of lives during the pandemic (the UK, Germany), or of peoples jobs (Italy, Spain) we could see more political or public antipathy to more restrictive COVID-19 restrictions in the event they are required to contain the Omicron variant.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.