Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
USD/JPY has meandered this morning, looking for fresh catalysts. Worrying signals re: Sino-U.S. tensions or the ongoing unrest in Belarus have failed to filter through into price action so far. The trades flat at Y106.60.
- The FT reported that Japanese gov't off'ls made unsuccessful attempts to push Nissan and Honda merger talks.
- Bulls need a breach of Aug 13 high, located at Y107.05. This would shift topside focus to the 100-DMA at Y107.21. On the downside, a dip through Aug 6 low of Y105.30 would open up Jul 31 low of Y104.19.
- Japan releases preliminary GDP data and final industrial output figures later today. Looking further afield, trade balance and core machine orders hit the wires on Wednesday, while national CPI and flash Jibun Bank PMIs come out on Friday.