Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
DOLLAR-YEN: USD/JPY has erased its earlier modest losses and last trades flat at
- Broad recovery in risk sentiment lent support to the pair at the start of the
week. A rally in USD/JPY was noted into the European morning, with gains
promptly extended to Y106.70. The pair then gave away some ground, before
climbing again on the back of a firmer greenback, propped up by a combination of
higher U.S. Tsy yields & relatively hawkish comments from Fed's Rosengren.
- Bulls look for a clean break above the 76.4% fibo retracement of the YtD
range, intersecting at Y106.65. This would turn focus to the Aug 13 high of
Y106.98. Bears eye the 100-HMA at Y106.25, followed by the Y106.00 barrier.
- MNI understands that the BoJ is unlikely to act aggressively to curb lower JGB
yields, seeing recent market moves as part of a global trend and consistent with
downside economic risks.
- Citing Commodity Futures Trading Commission data, BBG writes that speculators
haven't been as bullish on the yen as they are now since Nov 2016.
- Japanese Jibun Bank m'fing PMI hits on Thursday & CPI is due on Friday.