Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
USD/JPY ground higher yesterday, as participants shied away from safe haven currencies, amid a broader recovery in sentiment and a move higher in U.S. Tsy yields. The rate extended its winning streak to four consecutive days, attacking the 50-DMA in the process.
- The pair continues to flirt with the 50-DMA, as it trades -6 pips at Y106.85. Bears look for a drop through Aug 6 low of Y105.30, towards Jul 31 low of Y104.19. Bulls would be pleased by a move through the 100-DMA at Y107.23, which would open up the upper 2.0% Bollinger band at Y107.62.
- The Nikkei reported today that Kubota wwill spend up to Y10bn to build a construction equipment plant in the U.S.
- Coming up today we have Japanese PPI data.