Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Little to report in the way of USDMXN price action with the weekly range capped to 19.85-19.93. Price levels to note remain 19.80 below and initially 19.9829 on the topside, the Sep 8 high.
- Bi-Weekly CPI on Sep 23 will remain the focus before the next Banxico decision on Sep 30.
- Markets still digesting yesterday's purchase of $7bn of central bank reserves following discussions relating to the use of IMF Special Drawing Rights to potentially finance debt obligations.
- AMLO said last week that Mexico had started debt refinancing process, with respect to Pemex, but declined to comment on specifics about the refinancing.
- As a reminder, local markets will be closed on Thursday for Mexican Independence Day which may impact liquidity with a very thin data/event risk schedule all week.
- Today, Central bank to present 2Q report on regional economies at 11am.