Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USD/ZAR 0.28% higher at the open as concerns over vaccines dampen sentiment slightly.
- The cross remains choppy around the 14.90 level that tentatively broke on the back of Friday's NFPs that sparked a bout of risk on, but not enough to confirm a resumption of the downtrend.
- Focus this week on vaccine developments and Thurday's SONA.
- Markets likely to be a bit disappointed in a typical SA SONA packed with dreams, but light on credible reform promises with the Feb 24 budget acting as a better future performance indicator.
- Outside of that, the cross should be dominated by global risk sentiment & US CPI data. A clean break of Friday's low (14.83) is needed to take the next leg lower.
- Commodities slightly firmer on weaker greenback (gold + 0.15% , Platinum +1.91%).
- Res1 : 14.9078, Res2: 15.00, Sup1: 14.8337, Sup2: 14.7855