Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Argentina's Vice President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner wrote that she proposed Tucuman Governor Juan Manzur for Cabinet Chief in a chat with Fernandez on Sept. 14, in a post on her official website.
- Kirchner said hopes President Alberto Fernandez will reassess budget forecasts.
- She accused the president of pursuing "mistaken" fiscal policies that exacerbated Argentina's economic crisis already made worse by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She also said she had warned that the government's economic policies would "have electoral consequences."
- Separately, President Fernandez is to suspend his international agenda for the next days, a presidential spokesman said by phone.
- Fernandez to continue working on new economic measures to be announced in upcoming days
- For reference, the President was expected to participate in the Celac summit in Mexico and then attend the United Nations' General Assembly in New York this weekend. (BBG)