Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Wells Fargo note the discrepancy between a disappointing nonfarm payrolls figure (+210k) and the household survey which indicated a rapidly tightening labour market.
- “The unemployment rate tumbled to 4.2% even as the labor force participation rate rose and finally broke out of its post-pandemic range”.
- However, despite the household survey strength, average hourly earnings were on the light side at 0.3% M/M and 4.8% Y/Y. “In pre-COVID times, a 0.3% monthly print would be considered fairly strong, but these are still not normal times”.
- The FOMC will clearly discuss faster taper on 15 Dec, but weak payrolls and a “lighter read on average hourly earnings growth gives the Committee an out to perhaps punt to its January meeting”.