Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Overnight greenback rally pushed spot USD/KRW higher at the reopen and the rate last sits 3.50 figs better off at KRW1,175.25. A clearance of the nearby Sep 13 high of KRW1,176.95 would bring Aug 20 high of KRW1,181.10 into play. Bears look for a pullback under Sep 16 low of KRW1,165.75, which would clear the way to the 50-DMA at KRW1,158.47.
- USD/KRW 1-month NDF last seen at KRW1,176.31, a touch higher on the day. Bulls look for a rally above Sep 13 high of KRW1,177.82 towards Aug 20 high of KRW1,184.78, while bears keep an eye on Sep 15 low of KRW1,166.35, followed by the 50-DMA at KRW1,158.98.
- The Finance Ministry will publish their monthly economic assessment at 10:00 KST/02:00 BST.
- South Korea will observe the Chuseok holidays, which will result in a market closure through Wednesday. Domestic health officials are vigilant amid concerns over a potential flare-up in Covid-19 cases, inspired by expectations of heightened travel activity during the festive season.
- On the data front, South Korean preliminary trade data & PPI, due Thursday and Friday respectively, will take focus next week.