- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Yuan Rallies To Best Levels Since 2018
The redback (both onshore and offshore) has surged to its strongest levels since 2018, benefitting from a supportive impulse generated by expectations of more supportive policies within China and improvement in global risk sentiment. Broader-picture musings rather than any discrete headline catalysts seem to be driving yuan strength.
- USD/CNH trades -105 pips at CNH6.3534 as we type. The rate is approaching May 11, 2018 low of CNH6.3198 and a break here would expose Apr 19, 2018 low of CNH6.2561. Conversely, bulls look for a rebound above Dec 3 high of CNH6.3798.
- USD/CNY changes hands -128 pips at CNY6.3535. Losses past May 14, 2018 low of CNY6.3305, followed by Apr 19 low of CNY6.2618. Bulls keep an eye on Dec 6 high of CNY6.3788.
- The PBOC set their central USD/CNY mid-point at CNY6.3677, 12 pips above sell-side estimate, but the yuan has been unfazed by this softer-than-expected fixing.
- Thursday's inflation data headline the local economic docket during the remainder of this week.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.