Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/ZAR trades +0.17% higher around the open as mixed risk sentiment filters through from the APAC session.
- ZAR was the standout performer post-US CPI as risk currencies went bid following a gap lower in the greenback.
- Price action has now pulled back towards the 200dma, but is yet to confirm a move below with 14.60 support being a key level to break in order to revisit the 14.40-14.50 zone marginally above the 50 & 100dmas which have just made a bullish crossover.
- Markets showed little concern for Ramaphosa's state capture testimony yesterday, and will likely do the same today unless any major revelations in the CR17 funding scheme are unearthed.
- Today's price action will likely be driven by follow-on effects from yesterday's US CPI print as markets digest what this means for the Fed's tapering and rates trajectory.
- Intraday Sup1: 14.5753, Sup2: 14.5042, Res1: 14.7583, Res2: 14.8632