- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Brexit Headlines Remain in Focus For Direction
- Cable tracked EUR/USD's stronger recovery Monday, the rate pushed to a high of $1.3025 but struggled to hold above $1.3000.
- Rate eased in post fix/NY afternoon trade to $1.2937, closing the day at $1.2946.
- Cable consolidated Monday afternoon's losses, trade through Asia contained by $1.2935-58.
- Failure to keep in step with EUR/USD's stronger tone allowed EUR/GBP to edge back above its key 10-dma(current Gbp0.9075), which if holds turns outlook bullish, with the top of the 1.0% 10-dma envelope, currently coming through at Gbp0.9166, exposed.
- Brexit talks continued Monday, Barnier tweeting that the EU remains available to intensify talks this week. UK has acknowledged EU's proposal to intensify talks but said there is no basis to resume talks unless there is a fundamental change in the EU approach.
- MNI Techs: GBPUSD remains below the Oct 12 high of 1.3083. A break is needed to resume the recent uptrend that would open 1.3000 and 1.3198. A break of 1.3198 required to strengthen a bullish theme. Firm near-term support lies at 1.2846.
- Brexit negotiations, COVID-spread/measures continue to dictate sterling direction.
- BOE Vlighe speaks at 1030BST
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.