Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
MARKET NEWS TOP STORIES
Issuance volumes in the week ahead will largely depend on the size of the inaugural NGEU issue (we pencil in E14bln). On top of this we see Germany, Finland, Spain and France holding auctions for an estimated E29.0bln. Overall, therefore, we look for E43.0bln of net nominal issuance next week.
NBC has announced that it will broadcast an exclusive interview with Russian President Vladimir Putin, his first on US television in over three years.
- A preview will air on NBC Nightly News at 1830ET (2330BST, 0030CET).
- The full one-on-one interview, hosted by Keir Simmons, will air on Monday 14 June on NBC News' TODAY, throughout the day on MSNBC, and on NBC Nightly News at 1830ET.
Comments from social media/wires from the French presidency confirming that EU leaders intend to raise the issue of relations with China with US President Joe Biden at the G7 summit that runs from today until Sunday 13 June.
- Remains to be seen the direction EU seeks to take on China. US and UK remain hawkish, but EU is officially in the state of waiting for ratification of a Comprehensive Agreement on Investment with China (despite the process being suspended in May).
- Some signs that a less combative US administration under Joe Biden is reaping rewards in EU, with US-EU partnership on tech and trade to counter China set to be unveiled next week.
Tom Netwon Dunn at Times Radio tweets: "Down here at the G7 summit... the EU's presidents Ursula von der Leyen and Charles Michel are meeting now with Macron, Merkel and Draghi to coordinate their approaches. I hear the Northern Ireland Protocol is on their agenda, so there will be more skirmishes over it in Cornwall. PM Mario Draghi has a bilat at 1.15pm today with Boris Johnson, the first of the EU leaders here at the G7 to sit down with him. I understand Draghi will also bring up the protocol with the PM then."