- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Consumer Confidence Improves For 4th Straight Month
UK GFK MAY CONSUMER CONF -27 (=FCAST); APR -30
- UK consumer confidence recovered by a further three points to -27 in the GfK May report, the fourth consecutive monthly improvement and the strongest performance since February 2022 due in large part to significant gains in the forward-looking personal finance and major purchase index sub-components.
- Despite recent improvements, the indicator still signals an overall pessimistic outlook, substantially lower than the historical average of -10.
- The forward-looking element of the personal finance situation rose 5 points to -8. This implies brightening outlooks for household buying activity, as the indicator "underpins our ability to spend on goods and services," Joe Staton, Client Strategy Director at GFK noted.
- The major purchase index meanwhile rose 4 points to -24. Perceptions of the general economic situation over the next 12 months likewise rose four points. The positive overall trajectory this year “might reflect a stronger underlying financial picture across the UK than many would think,” Staton added.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.