Futures Twist-Flatten In Line With US Tsys, RBA Gov Bullock Appearance Soon
ACGBs (YM -1.0 & XM +2.0) are mixed after US tsys finished with a twist-flattening of the curve, pivoting at the 5s. US yields finished 3bps higher to 2bps lower. The 20-year finished 2.2bps richer after supply saw better than expected demand metrics.
- Little reaction to the Conference Board’s leading index that provided another weaker-than-expected data read: falling -0.8% (cons -0.7%) in September.
- Little reaction also to Richmond Fed President Barkin's comments on Fox: "NOW ISN'T BIG TIME FOR FORWARD GUIDANCE ON RATES; OVERALL, CORE INFLATION NUMBERS COMING DOWN NICELY."
- A reminder of the shortened Thanksgiving holiday week. CME Group schedule: full session Wednesday, Thursday close (Globex reopens 1800ET), early close Friday (floor at 1300ET, Globex at 1315ET).
- Cash ACGBs are flat to 3bps richer, with the 3/10 curve flatter and AU-US 10-year yield differential 1bp higher at +7bps.
- The swaps curve has bull-flattened, with rates flat to 2bps lower.
- The bills strip has slightly bear-steepened, with pricing 1- to -2.
- RBA-dated OIS pricing is flat to slightly firmer across meetings.
- Today at 1000 AEDT Governor Bullock participates in a panel at the ASIC Annual Forum. This is followed by the minutes from the November meeting at 1130 AEDT.