- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Lagarde in focus later as European peripherals under huge pressure
- Bunds and to an even greater extent, European peripheral bonds are under pressure this morning following weekend comments from DNB President Knot over the weekend that a 25bp hike would be appropriate in Q4-22 following by another 25bp hike to bring the Deposit Rate to 0% in Q1-23. 10-year GGB spreads to Bunds are over 20bp wider on the day, 10-year BTP spreads 8.7bp wider at typing, while even core spreads are widening such as 10-year OAT spreads 1.7bp wider on the day. President Lagarde is due to give an introductory statement ahead of the European Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee at 15:45GMT / 10:45ET. Her comments would have been in focus anyway, but with the huge moves in EGBs there is even more focus.
- Moves in gilts and Treasuries have been more subdued with 10-year UST yields unch but shorter yields lower as the curve bull steepens. Gilt have seen short end yields higher, but little change in 10-year as the curve bear flattens.
- TY1 futures are up 0-3+ today at 126-28 with 10y UST yields unch at 1.911% and 2y yields down -1.5bp at 1.298%.
- Bund futures are down -0.36 today at 165.66 with 10y Bund yields up 2.5bp at 0.228% and Schatz yields up 1.3bp at -0.243%.
- Gilt futures are up 0.02 today at 120.99 with 10y yields up 0.3bp at 1.412% and 2y yields up 1.5bp at 1.270%.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.