Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
The week ahead will see the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee meet as well as the launch of the inaugural green gilt.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The week ahead will see the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee meet as well as the launch of the inaugural green gilt.
- The MPC meeting on Thursday is unlikely to see any new policy announcements with a vote of 8-1 in favour of maintaining the status quo (with Saunders likely to vote in favour of an early end to QE once again). The main focus of the meeting is likely to be on whether the majority of members now believe that the necessary conditions for a hike have been met.
- The DMO will come to the market this week to launch the inaugural green gilt. The gilt will have a maturity of 12 years (31 July) and an ISIN of GB00BM8Z2S21.
- We also discuss the data due this week and two stories with a potential for inflationary impacts: the UK's shortage of CO2 and the potential for a number of energy suppliers to go under.
- See the full document for the green gilt syndication preview gilt auction previews for the week ahead, QE tracker and BOE purchase analysis, cash flow matrix and issuance calendar.