Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The NBH is expected to hold an additional non-rate-decision meeting today, with policymakers likely to discuss the emergence of the new variant 'Omicron' (no specific time).
- The last time the NBP (Poland) held an additional non-rate-decision meeting in the end of September resulted in an aggressive 40bps hike in their October meeting (vs. unchanged expected).
- Hence, policymakers are likely to discuss policy outlook given that rising Covid cases will result in a significant downward revision in growth expectations:
- on one hand, rising inflationary pressures should pressure the NBH to continue hiking rates;
- on the other hand, hiking rates too aggressively when growth expectations are fading increase recession risks.