October 05, 2023 06:15 GMT
S. Africa Won't Demand Removal Of US Envoy, SARB Governor To Discuss Economic Outlook
- National Security Adviser Sydney Mufamadi noted that Pretoria will not ask the US to remove its ambassador Reuben Brigety or make him apologise for his claims that South Africa may have shipped weapons to Russia. Mufamadi told the Daily Maverick that "the matter is behind us" after a special panel appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa found no evidence to back Brigety's claims.
- Trade, Industry and Competition Minister Ebrahim Patel asked the International Trade Administration Commission of South Africa to consider a temporary rebate on poultry imports to address shortages caused by the outbreak of avian flu.
- Eskom announced that the pattern which involves a suspension of loadshedding between 05:00 and 16:00 will be repeated daily until further notice.
- SARB Governor Lesetja Kganyago will discuss the economic outlook at 08:30BST/09:30SAST after the central bank delivered the expected hawkish hold last month.
- South Africa's electricity production/consumption data for the month of August will be published at 12:00BST/13:00SAST.