- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI China Daily Summary: Monday, May 29
MNI: PBOC Net Injects CNY23 Bln Via OMOs Monday
MNI: PBOC Yuan Parity Lower At 7.0575 Monday; -4.91% Y/Y
USDBRL Opens Lower Following Hawkish Copom, 5.00 Mark Holds
- The weaker greenback and more hawkish central bank statement have underpinned BRL strength at the open, however, USDBRL has been supported so far at the psychological 5.00 mark.
- Brazilian senators re-elected an ally of President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva as head of the upper house of Congress, one of country’s most powerful political positions, in a defeat to former President Jair Bolsonaro who was backing another candidate.
- A defeat here would have been seen as a blow for Lula’s legislative agenda which includes broad reform to the tax system and a new fiscal anchor.
- In a much more one-sided affair, Lawmaker Arthur Lira was reelected Lower House Speaker in a vote this Wednesday.
- Petrobras Plans to Appeal BRL5.7b Tax Debt Upheld by Court
- The company said it will seek appropriate legal measures to appeal the charge, as well as guarantee the debt.
- Treasury auctions fixed-rate LTN local notes due 2024, 2025 and 2026; fixed-rate NTN-F local notes due 2029 and 2033.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.