Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- The NBH is expected to keep its benchmark rate steady at its policy meeting today (1300 London time); all eyes on the next two inflation prints.
- However, the recent comments from deputy governor Virag increased the probability of an early move from NBH, with some sell side firms expecting a 10/15bps hike as early as June/July.
- As a result, the volatility eased in the bond market with the 10Y yield retracing significantly lower by over 20bps towards the 3-percent level; next supports to watch on the downside stand at 2.84%, followed by 2.77% (50d SMA).
- Momentum on the HUF has also been strong against all the major crosses, with the currency trading at multi-year highs; for instance, HUF is trading at its highest level since June 2019 against the USD and the JPY.