Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
EMERGING MARKETS: A few second tier central bank interest rate decisions of note
- Bank of Israel (Monday): Expected to keep rates unchanged at 0.25%. Following
the surprise rate hike last year, the economy is clearly still re-calibrating,
keeping the board on hold for now.
- Hungary MNB (Tuesday): Base rate and overnight deposit rate expected unchanged
at 0.90% and -0.15% respectively. While bank remains poised to begin tightening
cycle, the first rate hike will depend on "core inflation developments" which
are yet to move materially in the bank's favour.
- Bank of Korea (Thursday): 7-day Repo Rate expected unchanged at 1.75%. The
first meeting of 2019 saw a unanimous board keeping policy unchanged, with
concern around the domestic labour market, China's slowdown and trade/inflation
woes forcing the bank's hand. Little has changed since then, leaving South Korea
expecting weaker growth and inflation throughout 2019.